St. James The GreaterEstablished 1918
Please call the church office when …
- A family member is in the hospital so visits can be made and the name added to the prayer list.
- You learn of a death in the church family.
- Your phone number or address has changed so that the church records can be updated.
- A new baby arrives in your family.
- You learn of someone who may be interested in learning more about our church/religion.
- You feel the church can assist you in any way.
My parish is composed of people like me.
I help to make it what it is.
It will be friendly, if I am friendly.
Its pews will be filled, if I help to fill them
My parish will do great work, if I work with my parish
It will make generous gifts to many just causes,
If I am a generous giver.
It will welcome other people to our worship and fellowship
If I invite and welcome them.
It will be a Church of loyalty and love, of fearlessness and faith,
And a Church with a noble spirit,
If I am filled with these same qualities.
Therefore with the help of God,
I shall dedicate myself to the task
Of being all the things that I want my parish to be.
Bless our journey together, Lord God,
If you are interested in the Sacraments of Marriage, Blessing of Marriage, Anointing of the Sick, or Annulment please contact the office to schedule a meeting or discuss the process for any of these.
Sacraments of Initiation for Children and Youth
For the Sacraments of Baptism, First Eucharist, and Confirmation for children and youth under the age of eighteen, contact Ellen Herod.
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
Anyone over the age of eighteen interested in learning more about the Catholic church, or interested in being Confirmed, contact: Janice Petet: (804) 458-9223.
5:30pm - 6:15pm (Rec)